How to be DINNER-READY in the blink of an eye? You just need FIVE HARD-WORKING PIECES …
1. A DINNER JACKET: A fabulous jacket with a little bit of snazzy detailing – dramatic sleeves, embellished cuffs or lapels, killer fit, ornate bejewelled buttons – add when leaving the office. Hide an ordinary work dress or shirt and wear buttoned right up or, simply slung over your shoulders.
2. SHOES: For dinner, office shoes can become all the more fancy: add a dash of glitter, or simply a bow… Shoe accessories like 1980s-style shoe clips are de rigueur again. Change your dark tights to sheer or take off to expose bare ankles.
3. STATEMENT JEWELLERY: Big earrings may be a bit flashy for the office, so pack a pair with built-in versatility for after 6pm. Stella & Dot have a good selection of clip-on stud earrings that can morph to chandelier-style for evening.
4. CLUTCH BAG: A clutch is an easy way to dial up a utilitarian work suit. An evening bag should be as considered as your jewellery. Like shoes, think luxe detailing and a hint of sparkle like a bejewelled clasp. Make sure it fits your lipstick, cards and phone.
5. HAIR ACCESSORY: Up your hair accessories game. AW17 collections showed the best of finishing touches: sparkling hair clips, velvet hair bands and ladylike clip-on velvet bows.
Love LOOKTHEBUSINESS.ie? Sign up to our MAILING LIST now for a roundup of the latest career advice, networking events and interviews.